Key takeaways, jump to a section:
- Unlocking the Synergy: Combining the forces of Omnichannel and Integrated Marketing
- Multichannel Marketing Leads to a Fragmented and Disconnected Customer Journey
- Omnichannel and Integrated Marketing Statistics: The Future of Business
- Best Practices in Omnichannel and Integrated Marketing: Real-Life Success Stories
- Crafting a Winning Omnichannel Strategy and Integrated Marketing Plan
- Embracing the Future of Business through Omnichannel and Integrated Marketing
Unlocking the Synergy: Combining the forces of Omnichannel and Integrated Marketing
Omnichannel marketing provides a consistent and seamless customer experience across multiple channels, such as in-store, online, social media, and mobile.
Integrated marketing, on the other hand, is coordinating all marketing efforts to create a unified message and experience for the customer.
When both strategies are used together, the customer experiences a consistent message and brand experience across all channels, regardless of where they interact with the brand. This helps build customer trust and loyalty and leads to higher conversion rates and customer retention.
For example, a company might use omnichannel marketing to ensure that its in-store and online promotions are consistent while using integrated marketing to tie together all its marketing efforts, including email marketing, social media, and advertising, to deliver a cohesive message to customers. This helps create a holistic brand experience that is memorable, trustworthy, and effective.
A B2B organization can harness both strategies to build a consistent and professional image to be presented to potential business partners, regardless of the channel they use to interact with the company. While synchronizing its efforts and ensuring that its marketing mix aligns with its overall marketing strategy.
Or a nonprofit organization can use the omnichannel experience to help build and strengthen relationships with supporters and donors. While using integrated marketing communications in parallel to help coordinate fundraising and awareness campaigns.
Regardless of the type of organization, combining the forces of the two can help create a consistent brand image and message, leading to increased customer engagement, loyalty, and conversions.
Multichannel Marketing Leads to a Fragmented and Disconnected Customer Journey
In contrast, an omnichannel marketing strategy leverages technology and data to create a consistent and seamless customer experience across all touchpoints. This approach considers the customer journey and provides a tailored experience optimized for each channel.
Integrated marketing takes a step further by aligning all marketing initiatives to create consistent messages and personalized experiences for your target audience across multiple touchpoints.
This strategy creates a strong relationship between the brand and the customers by delivering unified and personalized messages through various marketing channels.
Omnichannel and Integrated Marketing Statistics: The Future of Business
- Using three channels instead of one for a marketing campaign results in a 287% higher purchase rate.
- 3X higher effectiveness rates are reported by companies using integrated marketing campaigns vs. non-integrated campaigns
- Creating a cohesive customer journey across different media is essential to 86% of senior-level marketers.
- Consumers shopping across multiple channels have a 30% higher lifetime value.
- Companies that employ omnichannel strategies have a 23x higher customer satisfaction rate.
- The best omnichannel customer engagement strategies turn 89% of buyers into loyal customers.
- 87% of consumers believe brands need to put more effort into providing a more seamless experience.
- 60% of Millennials expect brands to provide consistent experiences across multiple channels.
- 85% of digital buyers begin their purchasing journey on one device/channel and finish it on another.
- 70% of consumers use 3 or more media for purchase research.
Best Practices in Omnichannel and Integrated Marketing: Real-Life Success Stories
Bunker LabsBunker Labs partnered with Macy’s and Blue Star Families to create and launch the “Macy’s Salutes Those Who Serve” campaign. We helped Bunker Labs share and celebrate the stories of military veterans to fundraise via roundup donations. Its integrated omnichannel campaign reached more than 2.5 million consumers and helped raise $1.2 million in 18 days in unrestricted funds.
UpworkUpwork turned to us for nearly two years to provide product marketing services for new and existing Upwork products. For example, customers needed help differentiating Upwork’s Expert-Vetted Talent and Talent Scout programs. We developed new positioning and messaging for each program to communicate across its existing digital marketing channels, updated collateral, and created new touchpoints, like its new Expert-Vetted Talent landing page. We also helped build the adoption of Upwork’s new Record with Loom functionality. The number of “Record with Loom” clicks grew by 40% in four weeks.
NikeNike has used the omnichannel approach to provide customers with a consistent experience across multiple touchpoints, including in-store, online, and social media channels. The Nike+ app allows customers to track their fitness goals, access exclusive content, and make purchases, creating a seamless and integrated experience. Nike also aligns all marketing initiatives to develop a consistent identity and message, building trust and customer loyalty.
SephoraSephora has created a frictionless buyer’s journey for its target audience across multiple devices and in its physical stores. The company’s app allows consumers to find products, view tutorials, and make purchases. At the same time, in-store associates use technology to help shoppers find the right products for their skin type. Sephora’s syndicated marketing initiatives create a consistent brand image and message, reinforcing the organization’s commitment to beauty and self-care.
WalmartWalmart has used an integrated, omnichannel marketing approach to provide customers with a convenient and easy shopping experience. The company’s mobile app allows customers to make online purchases, find in-store deals, and even schedule grocery pickup. Walmart’s integrated marketing approach aligns all marketing initiatives to create a consistent brand image and message, reinforcing the company’s commitment to value and convenience.
Crafting a Winning Omnichannel Strategy and Integrated Marketing Plan
- Define your target audience: Understand your existing and new customers, their behaviors, and what they value.
- Determine your marketing mix: Identify the channels your buyers use to interact with your business, including online, mobile, in-store, social media, and others.
- Develop consistent branding, positioning, and messaging: Ensure that your company image and message are consistent across all traditional and digital channels. This will help you build trust and recognition with your buyer personas.
- Create a seamless experience: Design a personalized experience that is frictionless and consistent across your marketing channels. This can include creating a mobile app, integrating in-store technology, and ensuring that all consumer interactions are compatible with your branding, positioning, and messaging.
- Align marketing initiatives: Align all marketing initiatives, including advertising, promotions, and public relations, to ensure that they reinforce a consistent buyer’s journey and communications.
- Monitor and measure: Regularly monitor and measure the success of your marketing efforts. This will allow you to make data-driven decisions and continuously improve your strategy.
- Adapt and evolve: As your target audience and their behaviors change, continually adapt and evolve your marketing strategy to meet their needs and preferences.
Embracing the Future of Business through Omnichannel and Integrated Marketing
- You must minimize your multichannel approach to regain control of your vessel and change its course, so it’s consistent.
- When challenges grow more prominent, you’ll need to ride them out as calmly as possible.
- To create a frictionless journey for your customers, you’ll need to harness best practices and essential tactics.
As business ecosystems and technology continue to evolve, consumer behaviors will change. Organizations that combine the forces of the two strategies will be well-positioned for success in the future.
By investing in these strategies today, businesses can stay ahead of the curve and continue to thrive in an ever-changing marketplace.
At Nouvel Âge Media, our services include omnichannel and integrated marketing. Schedule a discovery call, and we’ll show you how we can help your company create a consistent brand identity and message, seamless customer journeys, and relationships while coordinating its marketing efforts.